Insurance and loss adjusters
Forensic structural engineers are trained to not only find the cause of property damage, but to also identify the factors that lead up to this damage. Forensic engineers can help insurance and loss adjusters make their claims by informing them as to who was at fault for the property damage. These engineers can determine whether the structure failed or was faulty to begin with. Forensic engineers are the only ones who can expertly explain the origin of the damage, while simplifying the data. A common misconception is that forensic engineers only need to be called when there is significant property damage. However, forensic engineers can assist the claims process in several ways. Experts at MFS Engineering can help insurance and loss adjusters with every step of the claims process in order to settle their clients’ claims quickly and efficiently. While some claims may appear simple, a detailed forensic investigation can reveal hidden factors- when performed as soon as the loss has occurred. Above all, large and complicated multi-party losses must be investigated by an experienced forensic engineer.
MFS Engineering senior forensic structural engineers have years of experience in site investigations and identifying structural failure, damage and defects for insurance companies, loss adjusters and property owners. Their complete understanding of insurance policies and event related and unrelated claims makes them an incredible asset to our team and to your loss and adjustment calculations.
At MFS Engineering, our years of experience in the industry have fully familiarised us with insurance requirements involving building damage. We have been able to use this knowledge to develop site inspection and reporting processes perfectly tailored to insurance companies and loss adjusters; they allow you to avoid all unnecessary costs typically hidden within services provided by other companies. Our forensic and causation reports have been carefully simplified to help loss adjusters and insurance assessors in their decision-making process while Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Officers can confidently rely on our expertise and timely responses. When you work with forensic engineers from MFS Engineering, you are guaranteed:
- Quick service: We offer fast turnaround times on both detailed inspections and comprehensive reports.
- Affordable engineering: Our cloud-based business model allows us to cut overhead costs and focus solely on providing our clients with the highest quality services.
- Conclusive reports: We provide comprehensive, but simplified engineering reports.
- Exemplary client service: We are always available to answer questions in person and via phone and email. Our groundbreaking CRM portal also allows us to communicate efficiently with clients.
Our forensic engineers are trained to conduct detailed structural failure investigations, thoroughly document defects and analyse all structural problems- whether big or small. When we work with insurance and loss adjusters, we conduct comprehensive insurance investigations, complete with a solid interpretation of collected evidence. We use field forensics and document analysis to create detailed reports. All of our reports include high quality photographs, text and oftentimes graphics, as well.
Our engineers have specialised knowledge of building damage that can occur due to several reasons such as building code non-compliance, natural events and more. For this reason, MFS Engineering offers a wide range of investigative services:
- Damage Assessment: Damage assessment is a crucial aspect of every forensic investigation. It can give insight into the cause of damage, the strength of building material, construction defects, poor design, and more.
- Water Problems: Water can cause significant and varied property damage. Floods, leaks and high humidity are detrimental to a building’s structure. Flooding can be caused by rain, broken pipes or fire control. High humidity can cause decayed timbers, rusting metal and excessive mould.
- Foundation movements: Soil can settle or heave due to absorption or loss of moisture, which can cause foundation movements. Tree root desiccation or excessive leaking can lead to differential footing movements. Our structural assessments can determine the source of the movement and suggest required remedial measures and repairs.
- Fire Assessment and Repair: This assessment of fire damage includes the extent of the damage and a detailed scope of works for pricing purposes.
- Environmental Damage: Extreme weather can cause significant damage to buildings and can even make pre-existing construction and design flaws evident. Thorough investigations of environmental damage can reveal the true source of building damage.
- Impacts: If your building obtains damage due to an external impact, such as by a vehicle or tree, MFS Engineering is able to assess the damage, determine its extent and provide a comprehensive scope of works for pricing purposes.
- Building Code Assessment: There are a variety of building code compliance standards that must be investigated by forensic engineers. There are specific standards for stairs, walking surfaces, lighting and structural integrity. If building construction was not performed in compliance with the building codes, the building may collapse or experience significant damage. We investigate whether the design and construction of a building was performed up to the required standards.
In addition to following a cutting-edge business model, we use advanced technology to ensure that our clients are able to monitor their projects in real time. If you work with us, you will have access to an integrated CRM portal, which will allow you to:
- Make changes to your account
- View our blog
- Access important updates on your project
- Keep up with the status of your project
- File support cases
- Submit orders
- Access your order details
- Participate in discussion forums
- Upload files relevant to your project
- Download files about your project provided by MFS Engineering
This portal is designed to allow us to communicate with our clients in an intimate setting, as well as provide them with updates on their project all on one platform. With the use of our integrated user-friendly CRM portal you can securely check your project’s status, stay well-informed during every step of the process, and easily communicate with us at any time.
our years of experience in the industry have fully familiarised us with insurance policies and event related and non-related claims. Our forensic and causation reports have been carefully simplified to help loss adjusters and insurance assessors in their decision-making process.
Clients will be contacted within 24hours and the inspection will be booked and carried out within 3 days (subject to owner’/client’s availability). The Engineering Report will be issued in 5 working days following the inspection and receiving all the relevant information. We are confident that we meet turnaround times that we provide guarantee for your peace of mind. Contact us for more information.
Our Engineers have at least bachelor degree of Civil Engineering with many years of experience in structural design of residential, commercial and industrial buildings. With vast knowledge in geotechnical and material science, our engineers are highly trained to be well respected forensic engineers in industry. The engineers are all active members of Institute of Engineers Australia and Forensic Engineering Society of Australia and have passed company’s compulsory police check.
No, currently we are only covering state of Victoria.
Advantages of working with us includes, but not limited to, the followings:
- Low overhead costs due to our unique cloud-based business model which has ultimately led to significant reduce in the cost of our services compared to what other conventional companies charge for similar services.
- Fast turnaround times thanks to our internal portal specifically designed to reduce the life of projects.
- Thanks to our portal we are forced to only hire highly trained senior forensic structural engineers for detailed inspections and accurate diagnosis to reduce the project duration.
- Simplified working process and our fixed fees. Our fees are always based upon the inspection zone of the project and never upon time units.
- Last but not least, we have been in this industry long enough to identify the pain points. We have created solutions to those pain points by providing cost effective, simple, professional and reliable forensic services.