Homeowners and Investors
Homeowners and investors have a significant need for forensic engineers. Unfortunately, there are times when structural and civil engineering projects underperform. The ways in which these projects underperform can result in everything from structural collapse and structural distortion to excessive settlements. Forensic engineers have the knowledge necessary to identify and analyse information gathered from a property and suggest additional tests in order to find the cause of structural “failure” or even cosmetic damages. Forensic engineers are trained to identify hidden causes of damage, as well as make suggestions to remedy significant financial loss.
When it comes to damage to a property, the cause isn’t always complex. Something as seemingly insignificant as a tree too close to a home can cause serious damage. However, the solution isn’t as simple as removing the tree. Oftentimes, trees- and their roots- can damage homes without even being on the homeowner’s property. In this case, councils may need to become involved and that can become complicated. Councils oftentimes require concrete proof that a tree located off of a homeowner’s property is causing damage. What better proof than a persuasive and detailed forensic report compiled by expert forensic engineers?
However, if you have damage to your home or investment property and are unsure of the cause, there are other ways that forensic engineers can help. If you do not want to commit to a full forensic investigation, a simple building inspection can be arranged to determine the cause of the damage. A competent MFS Engineering forensic engineer will inspect your property, take necessary measurements and advise you on site as to what the proximate cause of damage may be. You can ask the engineer as many questions as you like regarding your property during this efficient, cost effective and quick assessment.
We at MFS Engineering understand the frustration that comes along with purchasing a house. Working with builders and the construction industry can be absolutely draining. Don’t take this on by yourself; call in the experts and let us handle it for you. Read more about forensic structural engineering and the services we offer to homeowners here. We can help if you are dealing with one of the scenarios below:
- You think your builder and/or engineer have cut corners in designing and constructing your home.
- You want to buy an established property but aren’t sure which building defects to look for or which ones can hurt your bank account in the long run.
- You have noticed developing damage to your house but aren’t sure of the cause.
- You have cracking damage to your property that keeps coming back no matter how many times you or your builder patches it up.
- You are taking your builder to court and need an expert witness to help you win the case.
- You need a second opinion on your insurance claim decision.
We help you find solutions for all of these problems at a fraction of the industry price thanks to our cloud-based business model. If you want to read more about our business model, click here.
Call us or drop us a line to speak with
one of our friendly Structural Engineers
Investigation of damage to Victorian and Edwardian style houses in Melbourne Popular architectural styles in Australia are constantly changing. Australian residences used to be made of inexpensive imported materials before adopting elegant architectural styles from
Of curse we can. We are fully familiar with insurance claim processing and their protocols. Send us an email with their enquiries and an engineer will assist you.
We can review the structural drawings of your house and advise accordingly. If you do not have the structural drawings, we can inspect the roof space through the ceiling hatch in your house and determine if the wall in questions is load bearing or not.
Yes you can, in fact there is no better proof than a Forensic engineering report to win your case
Patching stubborn cracks is a desperate try to hide the actual problem. Without finding what exactly is the root cause of the crack, the accurate repair methods cannot be determined and the damage will come back, sometimes even worse than before. To find out what is actually causing the damage it is always best to engage a forensic engineer to investigate and advise.
Advantages of working with us includes, but not limited to, the followings:
- Low overhead costs due to our unique cloud-based business model which has ultimately led to significant reduce in the cost of our services compared to what other conventional companies charge for similar services.
- Thanks to our portal we are forced to only hire highly trained senior forensic structural engineers for detailed inspections and accurate diagnosis.
- Simplified working process and fixed fees. Our fees are always based upon the inspection zone of the project and never upon time units.
- Last but not least, we have been in this industry long enough to created solutions to common pain points by providing cost effective, simple, professional and reliable Building forensic services.