VCAT Expert Witness

As a homeowner, one of the most important things to do for both your own safety and the safety of your property is to hire an expert who is experienced in forensic structural engineering. A forensic structural engineer is someone who understands engineering and is specifically trained to spot defects in a property, assess the severity of the defects and clarify the cause of the damage. Whether your property is newly built or has been occupied for several years, issues with the building can pop up at any time. The building can have damage consistent with normal wear and tear or it could have severe structural failure.

If you take legal action with VCAT over structural damage to your property, our expertise can help win your case.

It’s crucial for a forensic structural engineer to assess your property regularly to ensure that there are no defects to the property that could prove dangerous. But what happens if a forensic structural engineer finds significant defects in your property and you want to proceed with litigation against the responsible party? At MFS Engineering, we can be your expert witnesses. Based in Victoria, MFS Engineering is comprised of highly trained and reputable forensic structural engineers. When we assess a property, we fill out a legal report, the PNVCAT2, that can be used at the VCAT.

Legal simplified MFS Engineering

be prepared before taking disputes to court

The VCAT, which stands for the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, is the legal body that handles all litigation in Victoria. If you find a severe fault with your property and decide to sue the responsible party through the VCAT, MFS Engineering will be with you every step of the way. But how exactly can we help? Disputes over building qualities and workmanship are very serious matters and should be handled professionally and thoroughly. When a dangerous defect is noticed in your property, the first step you should take is to call us. One of our highly trained forensic structural engineers will be able to assess the severity of the damage and explain its cause.

gather vCAT compliant evidence

Then, we will be able to fill out a legal report detailing our findings, compliant with the practice note- the PNVCAT2- which is required by the VCAT to serve as evidence should litigation proceed. Forensic structural engineers are the most trusted group by the courts to serve as expert witnesses in cases involving building quality and damage.

At MFS Engineering, we can serve as an expert witness because we have the expertise needed to determine the cause behind property damage. After filling out the PNVCAT2 and moving forward at the courts, members of the MFS Engineering team can even appear in court as expert witnesses.

camera, canon, dslr

Learn more about MFS legal and VCAT expert witness services Here.

Courts often ask for detailed reports about a building’s condition and will look to organizations like ours to provide accurate information. If you have found property damage and would like to get to the root of the problem, give us a call. Whether or not you decide to proceed with litigation, we will first be able to use our expertise to provide you with an independent opinion about the state of your property. However, if you do decide to move forward with legal proceedings against the party responsible for your property damage, we can continue to help. Having MFS Engineering by your side can make all the difference in your case.

Investigation of damage to Victorian and Edwardian style houses in Melbourne


More Posts

Send Us A Message